he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 14:22:03 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn't recall the last time he'd had to be hospitalized, if he'd ever been.

So he had no idea it would be so damn boring.

His doctors wouldn't let him do much of anything; the brain damage meant he had to limit any intellectually stimulating activities, even listening to TV or reading. And he couldn't get any Psychic contact from his Pokemon either, so the information he was getting was at a minimum.

He couldn't even walk around the hospital wing without several Pokemon trailing behind him. His Pokemon, yes, but he couldn't even get privacy in here.

(Granted, they weren't just monitoring his health - they wanted to protect him in case any Rockets tried to finish the job).

At the moment, he was in his bed, finishing up lunch - after having to tell his Pokemon he could eat fine on his own. His Indeedee, Blissey, and Hatterene would just have to be content watching him to make sure he didn't choke while he ate.

Mission: Post The First Wave
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 6:29:16 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]
[attr="class","mmilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","avatarimg"]
"Hey."

[break][break] Two raps on the door and announces his entrance. The broad-shouldered man entered the room alongside his Meltan, who immediately hops on the bed to inspect what the young boy is eating.

[break][break] Ollie pauses for a moment - awkward, until he remembers exactly 's predicament.

[break][break] "It's ," he says, rubbing his neck. "I wanted to come see you - Mels told me you were here. And I've been making my rounds."

[break][break] He pulls up a stool to sit by the other.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".olliea"] --accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".olliea"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1e1e1e; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .olliea .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .olliea .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .olliea .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .olliea .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .olliea .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .olliea .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .olliea .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .olliea .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .olliea .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .olliea .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .olliea .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .olliea .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .olliea .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .chartag"] text-align:center; margin-top:30px; margin-bottom:-10px; } .olliea .chartag a { font:700 14px/11px 'Poppins'!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .tagline b"] color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 23:45:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
When Hideo heard the knocking on the door, he'd expected it to be a nurse that was there to check his vitals or a doctor that wanted to talk to him about some test they had to do.

But the voice was a familiar one - and if Hideo had the means, he would've immediately recognized the emerald-eyed Ranger that walked in.
It took hearing his name for Hideo to realize who it was.

He could certainly recognize the feeling of a Meltan walking on his bed, one who'd get a full view of the beef sandwich and orange juice he had on his plate.

His attending Pokemon had a close eye on said Meltan; they weren't going to let it steal any bites.

"Oh, hey Ollie."

It took him a few seconds to think of what to say.

"I'm, uh, doing ok?" The cast on his left arm was a light one, but it was gonna be there for a while. And the sutures on his skull might be hard to see under his hair, but they were there.

"Gotta stay here for a week. I can't even watch tv or read 'til the docs here say it's safe for me."

Which was to say, he was so damn bored.

"How about you? You get to be in Petalburg or Sootopolis?"

Wherever Ollie was, clearly he had a better time than Hideo did.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 6:02:46 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

"hey! bud, that's hideo's."

[break][break] ollie shook his head, quickly plucking the meltan off of hideo's bed and putting him to the floor, flicking a small poffin to distract the pokemon with.

[break][break] "sorry, heh," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. would feel the bed creak as ollie sat onto the corner of it. "he's a handful sometimes."

[break][break] "i'm glad to hear it," he said, referring to the fact that the other said he felt ok. "but that is lame. you can't listen to anything?"

[break][break] "no audio books?"

[break][break] his brow furrowed.

[break][break] "what about podcasts? voice messages?"

[break][break] could hideo even work a phone?

[break][break] "oh! i was in sootopolis, with melly and , , , and a few others."

[break][break] ollie had fared well, thanks to , but it wasn't like the same could be said for others.

[break][break] "it was - uh - it was pretty rough. but we don't need to talk about that — what happened to you? you look pretty beaten up from petalburg."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".olliea"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1e1e1e; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .olliea .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .olliea .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .olliea .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .olliea .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .olliea .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .olliea .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .olliea .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .olliea .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .olliea .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .olliea .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .olliea .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .olliea .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .olliea .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .chartag"] text-align:center; margin-top:30px; margin-bottom:-10px; } .olliea .chartag a { font:700 14px/11px 'Poppins'!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .tagline b"] color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 23:20:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn't resist letting out a small snort; did Meltans even eat normal food? His Meltan only ever ate metal.

And poffins.

But all Pokemon ate poffins.

"I know they are," Hideo said, a smile on his face, "I had one. Now it's a Melmetal."

As Ollie listed off all the things Hideo couldn't do, the boy nodded, the smile on his face intentionally strained. "Nope! None of that. Can't do anything too mentally stimulating or it could stress my brain out and damage it."

Which didn't leave him much to do. "Most I can do is talk. And I guess do stuff with Pokemon that try to eat my lunch."

But enough about his lack of entertainment - onto the war.

"I heard Rocket still has Sootopolis," Hideo noted, "but it got pretty messed up." He barely had any details, stuck with what he could hear the nurses and other patients' families talk about in the hallways.

"Petalburg…well, I'm not the best for giving a detailed account, but it went pretty bad there. I got in a fight with some Rockets…and at some point, a Psychic Pokemon did something to me, and I was outta it for a while."

He lifted up his casted-up left arm. "I got out of the woods, and then I got attacked by…it was one of those chain Pokemon. The ones that jailed us a while back."

The details were still hard to put together.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 14:02:29 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Did Meltan eat normal food? Maybe not, but it didn't stop Ollie's from training.

[break][break] "Aww," the Head Ranger said, pouting. "That sucks."

[break][break] The conversation switches to Sootopolis and visible stress shows on the brunette's face.

[break][break] "Yeah, it was flooded. Technically, there's a cease-fire on Sootopolis," he said. "So, if you think about it, it's a win!"

[break][break] Not that people like would think of it that way. But that was another topic entirely.

[break][break] "Damn. That sucks," he says, hand reaching over to pat the younger boy's head. "And Petalburg was..."

[break][break] His throat tightened. There were many losses. He still had to make his rounds to people like and , but...

[break][break] " died."

[break][break] Before he could say more, however -

[break][break] "Wait what? Those chain pokemon?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
No Fun Allowed (M)
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 23:18:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"It really does. Won't even be able to do any Gym work for a while after I get out of here."

It was the one bit of work he had to do - and he couldn't even do that. He couldn't remember the last time he was this bored; he even had more to do when he was at home.

Hearing about what happened at Sootopolis was…not very encouraging. "...if Rocket still has control of Sootopolis, that's not a win." For him to be happy, Rocket would have to be out of there. "Not after Petalburg."

Though he didn't know the full extent of how badly it'd gone until Ollie told him. There was a flash of horror on Hideo's face, before it mellowed into general frustration, his head falling back into his pillow. "...fuck."

He didn't know Derek well - but he was a fellow Gym Leader.

"Yeah. The big ones with the chains. Jailed a lotta people, including me. Tortured us for a while, put us through hell 'til we broke out. I thought we killed them…but I think I fought them again in Petalburg."

His memory was still coming back to him, but his judgment on the Toxic Chain Pokemon would be pretty clear; he did not like them at all.

"As if we don't have enough shit going on. They're only gonna keep causing problems if we leave them alone."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven